How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4722
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé was divorced twice in Japan. Does he need

Customer Question

My fiancé was divorced twice in Japan. Does he need divorce decree from both of the divorces when filing the K-1 visa, or just the second one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, he would need all divorce decrees in order to be able to process the K-1 fiance visa for him. Each one would also need a certified translation.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do not have copies of one of the divorce decrees. We have been calling the city hall in Japan where the divorce occurred but no luck. Anywhere else we can try? Tried calling the Japanese embassy and no luck.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately that is something that you would have to speak to a Japanese law expert about. I can only answer questions relating to the US immigration law part of the question. I can confirm that you would need all decrees for a successful K-1 fiance visa. What I can tell you is that if it cannot be found in any government entity after searching with every relevant court in Japen, then you can have the appropriate entity/court write a letter asserting that it is not available anymore.

I hope that helps to clarify and I hope that you can now leave a positive rating.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, I see that you were able to view my answers but did not leave a rating. Is there anything that I can clarify for you or any other questions?

I am here to help and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. That's the only way I receive credit for my time. Thanks!