Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

This is the letter in reference to the same question that I…

Customer Question
This is the letter in...
This is the letter in reference to the same question that I asked.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

So what's the question? If they asked for evidence of income and evidence of income was not submitted, I think he denial is self-explanatory.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What should be sent with the I-864 is the following:

1) Last income taxes.

2) Last W-2s and/or 1099s.

3) Last 3 to 6 bank statements.

4) Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.

5) Letter from employer on company letterhead stating salary and position and prospects for continued employment with the company.

If the main sponsor does not meet the requirements, they must still submit an I-864 with whatever in that list they can get together and they would have to find a Joint Sponsor to also file an I-864 or a household member that would submit an I-864A.

Also, filing an I-290B to appeal or reconsider the decision would need to be accompanied with an explanation as to why they couldn't submit what was requested with the RFE. If they are not satisfied, they can deny the I-290B even with correct evidence submitted. So refiling everything from scratch might be better.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.