Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Signing an I-864, what are effects in the future years if…

Customer Question
Signing an I-864, what are...
Signing an I-864, what are effects in the future years if sponsor needs a loan from a financial institution?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/16/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

None.

The I-864 applies to means-based government programs such as food stamps for adults, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid (nonemergency), the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). For these, the sponsor may be liable. However for private loans, they would not be.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law