Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband has died and left me a house in Atlanta Georgia.

Customer Question
I am a philippine citizen...
My husband has died and left me a house in Atlanta Georgia. I am a philippine citizen residing in Manila. Can I continue to own this real estate in USA?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/15/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, a foreign citizen can own a real estate property in the United States, regardless of whether the foreign citizen has a US visa, green card or US citizenship.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer