Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Thanks answer, I want to say you that this case denied tell…

Customer Question
Thanks for your answer, I want...
Thanks for your answer,
I want to say you that this case denied tell me that I can make a motion with the form I-290B to reopen the case, well not know if this would be best or better would reapply as a new case, and what would happen with documents already sent? Would have any impact these documents to my new case if reapply once again and how long is the most convenient reapply?, even have to reopen the deadline for the Form I-290B by giving me 33 days and these are due in March 3/16. What would be best?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/15/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello again and thanks for requesting me. This is Jennifer.

If you decide to file a Motion to Reopen you will pay $630 to do so and you could be waiting several months in some cases up to a year for a response. There is no guarantee that it will be approved because you did not send the information originally.

My personal choice is to file the whole case all over again because it is a more certain chance of approval with your new I-864 and it will be quicker usually 5-6 months. But you will have to pay $1070 again.

Also, you would not get any documents returned to you. You would have to send everything all over again.

What is best is up to you since each one has good and bad.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Do i have to pay the $420 for the i-130 again or nop ?

It depends on whether the I-130 was actually denied or not. You would have to check with USCIS if your I-130 had been denied. If it was approved then you do not need to pay for the I-130 again.

I hope this has clarified it for you and hope you can now leave a positive rating for me. Thank you.

Hello there, I see that you were able to view my answer last Monday but did not leave a rating. Is there anything that I can clarify for you or any other questions?

I am here to help and hopefully I can earn your positive rating. That's the only way I receive credit for my time. Thanks!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney