Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I just moved from India to Michigan US on L2 Dependent Visa.

Customer Question
Can I work remotely for...
I just moved from India to Michigan US on L2 Dependent Visa. Can I work remotely for my Indian company receiving Indian Salary?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/15/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, you can work in the US while on an L2 visa with employment authorization.

I know immigration issues sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with application preparation or review, I can send you an offer for this legal service to you for a reasonable fee later on. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hi Jennifer, my question was not on working in US directly. Can I work remotely for my company in India and continue to receive my indian salary?

Yes, you allowed to do so while on an L2 visa.

I hope that helps to clarify and I Hope you can now issue a positive rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney