Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Will u be able to answer my question on h1 extn?
, I

Customer Question
hello will u be able...
hello will u be able to answer my question on h1 extn?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was working on Company A and I-94 expired on june 30 2015..They applied for extn ( for 2 months that was pending on 6 year term)....This petion was in pending and i moved out over to company B who applied for transfer on Aug 24th 2015...My 6 max out term was on sept 10th 2015...Both appications are pending...Company b has approved labor for me...Company B's Petion is still in progress...How long can i continue to work? it has been 6 month now with no approval..does the 240 limit apply from old i194 expiry date? or once aug 24 2015 when i moved over to new employer?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/15/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your new employer needed to file prior to the expiration date of your I-94 or it is dependent upon Co A's approval. Co A can get an extension of 1 year beyond the 6th year based on the approved petition. Any employer can request the one year no matter who filed the PERM.

You have a problem with the approval for B's extension because you were not in status when they filed their petition. You were not extended for A who is the bridge and if A is not approved, B fails, the bridge has fallen.

All that being said you are only authorized to work based on A's timely filed petition for 2404 days.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if B's is approved within one or two weeks after 240 days would that helP? should i leave the country? or just be in the country and wait for approval?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can i continue to work if B is approved in premium , but A's petion is abandoned? Please suggest

If A has been abandoned you have a problem.

Look at bottom of Page 37-38 (vii) Bridge filings.

You would have been accruring unlawful presence from the time your I-94 expired and can trigger the 3 year bar if you depart now.

You need to find out what A has done with your petition.

I am sure you have an attorney and if you don't you need to retain one and discuss your situation with the bridging with an "abandoned" bridge.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer