Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

This is really urgent and I need a really experience

Customer Question
response. I am currently in H1...
This is really urgent and I need a really experience response.
I am currently in H1 status and my wife is on H4. Our adjustment of status (I-485) is pending and we didn't receive the fingerprint notice yet. My wife's father unfortunately in a really bad medical condition and she needs to go back to home country to be with him. What can we do now? We don't have an advance parole, but she is in valid H4 status, but her visa is not stamped to her passport.
Please help, we really need a experience answer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please help anyone, this is really urgent matter, please...
2/14/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I can give you some options, but if she needs to travel today, she will abandon her I-485. When is the latest that she can travel? When were the I-485 forms filed? Did you also file an I-131 for each of you? When was she fingerprinted in regards ***** ***** I-131?

She can wait 1 or 2 weeks, I-485 was filed month ago, I-131 is not filed and we are not fingerprinted for I-485 yet. Can we file Advance Parole separately now? I-485 status is in "Fingerprint fee was received" phase but we didn't receive any appointment notice.

That's why I always file an I-131 for my clients even though they tell me they don't need to travel. You never know and since it is included in the fee for the I-485, it's not like it costs anything additional. Anyway, yes, she can file an I-131 now and ask that the Advance Parole be expedited and show the medical evidence of her father's condition. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

There is no form to expedite. She just has to write a letter explaining the situation and providing evidence to support the request to expedite.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Tolga. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!