How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is great i didn't know I could type in this chat

Customer Question

hello! this is great i didn't know I could type in this chat feature
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I haven't .
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Okay.. Well I am an american, and I am in a long distance relationship with my partner and he is a Mexican citizen living in Mexico City. I went to the Mexican Consulate in NYC earlier today (i live in new york state), and they told me I can't get a temporary resident visa as I need to be making tons of money and need pay stubs of the last 6 months. Look, I'm 22 I'm almost done with college, i don't have pay stubs!!! my mom has paid for it up to this point. In Mexico City, I want to obviously live with my partner and work at art museums there (i am graduating in may with a BFA in painting). I am wondering what I can apply to that is earlier for students to be there legally long term (at least 2 years).
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am also wondering if it would just be easier to get married to him. He's my long term partner and we both have no objection.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Does this cost money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Just Answer is a pay for services website and is staffed with actual licensed attorneys in the area of law you are seeking information about. None of the attorneys will answer your questions unless you agree to pay for their services. It appears that your question was posted at an ultimate cost to you of 38 dollars, which is quite modest considering the fact that it usually costs several hundred dollars for a consultation with a local immigration attorney in NYC.


If you wish to continue with your questions and answer session please let us know.

Related Immigration Law Questions