Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I'm a H1B worker in US, my company is sponsoring me card, I

Customer Question
Hi, I'm a H1B worker...
Hi, I'm a H1B worker in US, my company is sponsoring me green card, I just started PERM application. I wonder if I can buy multiple rental properties and rent them out by hiring property manager. Also, can I form LLC with my friend who's US citizen , we own the properties together, 50% 50%
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I currently have a LLC partnering with my friend, we co-own a rental property. Now I'm looking to buy more rental properties, I don't know if that affects my green card processing. I just start PERM applicaiton
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/12/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, you are allowed to buy multiple rental properties and rent them as long as you hire a property manager/management company to take care of the day to day duties (rent, maintain, repair) since that will terminate your duties related to the properties. You must only earn passive income which would be in the form of a return on your investment. Opening the LLC to take care of the management of the properties is also a good idea.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much for the response. In my case, Can I form my own LLC without partnering with anyone and use the LLC for the rental properties purpose ?

Yes, but the LLC would still need to hire a property manager as you still cannot do any work.

Hope that helps to clarify and hope you can now leave a positive rating. Thanks!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney