Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Judith My wife an american citizen did petition. We have

Customer Question
Hello Judith My wife an...
Hello Judith My wife an american citizen did petition for me. We have been having some conflict in our marriage and my interview is schedule for the 23 of February which she might not attend with me. I do not know of its advisable for me to cancel my application for adjustment of status before the interview date or What should I do? what are the consequences involved?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/11/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

My apologies for the delay. Thank you for requesting me.

This is not a good situation. You need to figure out if the marriage is going to work and if not and she does not attend the interview you will be denied and if you are out of status put into removal proceedings.

What is your legal status here?

Judith

Ely, Counselor at Law