Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** I'm jsut trying to research some

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm jsut trying to research some things for my brother who was deported in1998 and we're wondering how to petition for him to reenter the US

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We're in the process of trying to fill out the I-130 immediate family immigration form but I know at some point we will be asked some questions as to his deportation I'm just trying to figure out what needs to be done.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/11/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Some reasons for deportation are permanent bars to ever getting Residency. So let's hope that he does not have one of those. If he does, I ask that you please not shoot the messenger. So why was he deported? Does he have any crimes in his background? Which? What sentence? Also, what country is he from and who is filing the I-130 for him?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Assuming that he has no crimes in his background, because it has been longer than 10 years since he was deported, he would not have a bar to getting an immigrant visa to come back to the U.S. So he has to be honest in all the paperwork and he should eventually be able to get an immigrant visa to come back and get Lawful Permanent Residency. Unless you tell me more about his situation or ask me more questions, that's pretty much the answer to what you have asked so far. Here is an official link to the process:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/family-preference.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!