Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Change of Status Applications with USCIS: Where can i find…

Customer Question
Change of Status Applications with...
Change of Status Applications with USCIS:
Where can i find information on how much time does it take to process a CHANGE OF STATUS information from G4 Visa to H4 Visa?
Can you send me the URL Link showing following:
- Documents that have to be submitted
- Processing time
- Which USCIS center would handle cases for Washington DC and which USCIS center would handle cases for NewyORK City Applications?
- Fees Involved
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/11/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I-539- Here is the application https://www.uscis.gov/i-539

Documents needed are:

Form I-539, Application to Change Nonimmigrant Status. No fee is required.
Form I-566, Interagency Record of Individual Requesting Change from G status
Copy of passport page with biographical information
Original I-94

Marriage certificate

Spouse's copy of I-797 H1B approval notice

Last 3 paystubs for spouse

Here is the address, it is the same for DC and NYC:

USCIS Dallas Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service:
USCIS
P.O. Box 660166
Dallas, TX 75266

USPS Express Mail/Courier:

USCIS
ATTN: I-539
2501 S. State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

- Current processing time is about 1 year.

- No fee for G4

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney