How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have married a girl from the Philippines. She and her son

Customer Question

I have married a girl from the Philippines. She and her son came here from the Philippines and we were married in the US. I want to adopt her son. How much will this adoption cost and what do we have to do to make this possible.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Is the child a citizen; also does he have a biological father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the father has never claimed the child and wants nothing to do with him. He has his Us passport but is not a US citizen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife wants me to become his father legally.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Let me change this to immigration law; since the child is not a US citizen, an immigration attorney would best be able to assist. Please dont respond to this as it will create a delay in the immigration attorney responding.