Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have married a girl from the Philippines. She and her son…

Customer Question
I have married a girl...
I have married a girl from the Philippines. She and her son came here from the Philippines and we were married in the US. I want to adopt her son. How much will this adoption cost and what do we have to do to make this possible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2016
Immigration Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Is the child a citizen; also does he have a biological father?

the father has never claimed the child and wants nothing to do with him. He has his Us passport but is not a US citizen.
My wife wants me to become his father legally.

Let me change this to immigration law; since the child is not a US citizen, an immigration attorney would best be able to assist. Please dont respond to this as it will create a delay in the immigration attorney responding.