Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have married a girl from the Philippines. She and her son

Customer Question

I have married a girl from the Philippines. She and her son came here from the Philippines and we were married in the US. I want to adopt her son. How much will this adoption cost and what do we have to do to make this possible.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Is the child a citizen; also does he have a biological father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the father has never claimed the child and wants nothing to do with him. He has his Us passport but is not a US citizen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife wants me to become his father legally.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Let me change this to immigration law; since the child is not a US citizen, an immigration attorney would best be able to assist. Please dont respond to this as it will create a delay in the immigration attorney responding.