Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Fleming. i am trying to find resources that would help me…

Customer Question
Fleming. i am...

Fleming. i am trying to find resources that would help me get my husband and child out of nigeria,,, they have no money. i do not have money to send them what can i do,,,,, signed heart brokened

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

He went to nigeria on business. i do not know how he got trapped there... my 9 year old is with him. he has been in Lagos for more than 2 years,,,,,NO NO NO NO this is NOT a scam

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/2/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I am an attorney with over 13 years of experience and I will be helping you today. You are not charged per question, per reply nor per answer, so please see this as a relaxed conversation.

Is he legally your husband or really he is your fiancé? Have you met him in person before or just by Internet, Skype, etc.?

he is finance...he is a US citizen ... talked online for about 7 years as he was in the army. this is not about immigration, it IS about no money to leave country. they are both hungry, been there for about 2+ years. this is urgent, both are sick..

Sorry about the delay in responding. I was in the hospital all day with a critically ill friend. You have a 9 year old child and your child is with him, or this is his 9 year old child? How much money is he asking you to send to help him?

hi.....please cancel this. i do have the money... do not use my debit card, or i am in deep trouble. sorry i contacted you... please email me when you have cancel. and no i am not satisfied.... did not get any real help, so forget it. thanks.

I'm trying to help you and you are only charged once. From what I see, you were charged an initial deposit of $32. I deal with these types of cases all the time and I can help, believe me. I ask again, is this 9 year old child your child, or is this 9 year old child his child that you have never met? And how much money is he asking you to send him?

i have requested this before.....CANCEL you have debited my bank account of 5.00 and then another 38.00. i want out of your scam now
do it NOW .

Why would you say this is a scam? Probably more likely that you are being scammed by your "husband". I don't understand why you don't answer my questions. All I want to do is help. I understand that you may be in denial, but we get questions like this 3 or 4 times a week. I just had someone come yesterday and ask about this same type of situation. Take a look:

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/83cae7c8489e4346b940268d82fca9e7

We actually spoke on the phone and he confided that he had been taken for a ride previously for many thousands of dollars and was thinking this new one was also a scam. Honestly, I know how you feel because I almost fell into this scam myself, so I am very passionate about protecting people against this. So yes, you can get a refund at the end of our conversation if you are not satisfied, but I am not just going to give up on you, sorry. I feel I have a moral obligation to help.

So I ask again, is he someone that you have met in person or only over the internet, and when you say"...my 9 year old is with him." You mean this is your biological son? If it is your biological son and your husband is a U.S. Citizen, there is a way to help him get back to the U.S. and I will gladly tell you, but I would like you to confirm that he is a U.S. Citizen and that your biological son is with him.

JUST CANCEL PLEASE. CAN I GET THE 32.00 REFUNDED BECAUSE I AM CERTAINLY NOT SATISFIED.... CANCEL NOW, REFUND NOW. THANKS

You are not satisfied because you are not responding to my questions and thus I cannot give you an answer that will satisfy you. Because the immunity button has come up protecting me from a negative rating (which is generally reserved for rude or unprofessional experts), I now feel free to give you an answer that will cover both situations. PLEASE read through the whole answer. If you are still not satisfied (especially with the part of the answer near the bottom), then a refund will be processed.

I don't understand why you are reluctant to just answer the simple questions I have asked. I have to assume that you have never met your "husband" in person before and that you have never met his son before either and that isn't your biological son. So with that said, I would like you to take a look at these links that talk about this same issue and don't focus so much on my responses that are the same, but the stories that each individual tells:

http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/8dxkz-illegal-hold-u-s-citizen-foreign-country.html?src=nql

http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/8nw1e-wife-landed-chicago-inheritance-check-nigeria.html

http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/8tkqu-not-exactly-immigration-need-answers-friend.html?src=nql

http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/8y08t-fianc-trying-fly-nigeria-lagos.html?src=nql

http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/9173a-friend-u-s-citizen-nigeria.html

http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/97clu-friend-stuck-nigeria-lost-passport.html?L=T&r=ems|2015-07-18|903|ln=topicsubject_ln

As you can see, there are a number of stories that are probably similar, too similar to your situation. Whatever you do, do NOT send money.

NOW, let's say that everything is on the up and up, that he is your husband, and that your 9 year old biological son is with him and they are stuck in Nigeria without fund to get back. IF they are U.S. Citizens, then the U.S. Embassy can help them get back to the U.S., they will fund their trip and they will have to pay the U.S. government back for the travel expenses. Here is a link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/financial-assistance.html

and another:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/acs_faq2012.html

So as you can see, there is financial assistance available to him to come back if he is a U.S. Citizen. That, at the very least, should satisfy you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Ann. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Ann. Thank you for your kindness and respect. I will add this to my list so that I can help other people in the future. Good luck to you.

Hello Ann, so what finally happened with this? I'd like to know so that I perhaps can help people in the future. I hope you respond. Thank you.