Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My friend has lived in the United States years as an illegal…

Customer Question
My friend has lived in...
My friend has lived in the United States for 30 years as an illegal alien from Mexico. She recently was pulled over by a city police officer who searched her car and found an ounce of a controlled substance. She was arrested, went to jail, and bailed out the next day. She and told to go home. A few days later she received a letter stating that even though her case had not been filed that it could be anytime within the next 12 months. That was about 4 months ago.
Now the other day about 20 DEA agents surrounded her apartment looking for her but only her roommate was home. The agents left a card with a number she called as soon as she got home. She was asked to come into the DEA office the next morning so they could ask her a few questions. When she arrived at the DEA office she was arrested (not sure for what) and sent to a downtown detention center to await arraignment on the following Monday. Not sure what happened in court but it looks like she is being deported and awaiting PICK UP (PU). My question: Is there anything she can do to stop deportation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/2/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

Who told her to "go home"?

Who sent her that letter?

Did she enter the US illegally?

Ely, Counselor at Law