Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My son has been dating female from China; my understanding…

Customer Question
My son has been...

My son has been dating female from China; my understanding is she is here on student visa, but she has been here for about 10 years. She is not currently enrolled at a university and was told today her visa would not be extended. My son wants to marry her tomorrow. Says he has planned to do that any way, this is just sooner. Question is this: can they just get married and deal with the application for green card or should they stop and consult immigration attorney. Don't him married and the wife deported.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My details are sketchy. They have been together for over a year. She was a student at local community college and planned to transfer to a larger state university this next fall. She receives no funds from family or other sources except what she makes working locally--which i assume she is doing legally.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
2/2/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Well, does it help you to know that she is most likely not a priority for deportation?

Does it help you to know that she is most likely not a priority for deportation?

Ely, Counselor at Law