How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson who is 24 years old, wishes to obtain a

Customer Question

My grandson who is 24 years old, wishes to obtain a passport. In 1992, his mother, my daughter was murdered and his biological father is in prison for the commission of that murder. He was told he needs documentation that he is indeed his father. He has his mother's death certificate and understandably does not want to have to contact the father for him to verify that he is his son. His father's name does not appear on the birth certificate. He and his siblings are continually having to suffer for the crime of their father. Are there extenuating circumstances for such a situation? We live in New York State.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

Was his mother a US citizen when he was born?

What is his exact birth date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she was born in the USA in Schenectady, New York. His dob is 7/4/91
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must log off to go pick my foster child up from school. I will check my email later and you can also text me.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

An adult who was born in the US would not require his father's permission or identification for a passport?

Was your grandson born in the US or abroad?

Related Immigration Law Questions