Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My name is meera and i wanted to know how can i sponsor my

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i wanted to know how can i sponsor my friend from pakistan she has one 2 year old boy and she doesn't work ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i want her to come here to visit me but i dont know how to help her. she doesn't have a passport, so what i have to do in order to bring her here??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you are asking here for a visit, then there is little that you can do. She has to apply for both herself and her son at the nearest US Embassy/Consulate, for a B2 (visitor) visa. See HERE. The only thing that you can do is send a letter of recommendation to the Embassy/consulate once she begins the application, stating that you believe her to be a moral person who will not overstay her visa. See HERE for an example.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.