Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm in Dubai since feb 2013 and was notified just recently…

Customer Question
I'm in Dubai since feb...
I'm in Dubai since feb 2013 and was notified just recently that my passport was revoked. I have a residency in Dubai. does this mean I have to leave immediately to go back to usa?
they say it was for a warrant andnd my attorney was working on it to get it cleared.
so do I wait for him? and do I apply for a new or will be reinstated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/31/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 2 years ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, yes, once your passport is revoked you must return to the US and until your attorney gets it cleared you do not have legal rights to remain out of the US. You need to immediately contact your attorney to find out what he is doing with the situation so you can then go to the consulate and get your passport reinstated. However, you are legally now supposed to immediately leave the country and return to the US to clear this matter up as you are out of status because of the revoked US Passport.