Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a Master Mariner having a C1D visa. I would like to…

Customer Question
I am a Master Mariner...
I am a Master Mariner having a C1D visa. I would like to apply for a O1 catagory visa. but I need a work permit for that. How can i get a work permit to apply for a O1 catagory visa
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/30/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

No. The O-1 is what allows you to work. It is, itself a work permit. You mean to say that you need a job offer first?

thats right and as well a highly skilled immigrant visa. what I can do to to get that?
Please see the attached doccuments about my proffession and educational background. Thanks.
With all these highly qualified background where can I get a job offer, caue I need a work permit first.

So you are basically asking me how you can get someone to offer you a job? It's not really a legal question. I can advise you on the O-1 visa and such, for example, but I'm not a headhunter or an employment service, per se. I can maybe point you in the right directly, but is that what you need to know, how to get a job offer?

thats what I heard that there are some agents those who offer job offers and issue work permits for that. U have any idea about that one.
Well I guess You can discontinue the request offered. I think I hit the wrong bull. but thanks anyway.

It's ok. I think I can still help. First, take a look at this official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement

So you would need to find a petitioner to file for you. There are a number of websites that you can try:

http://www.myvisajobs.com/

http://www.marad.dot.gov/mariners/

http://www.maritime-executive.com/jobs/

http://www.flagshipmgt.com/

http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobs/keyword/maritime

https://www.maritimejobs.com/jobs/

http://www.maritimeemployment.com/

http://www.indeed.com/q-Maritime-jobs.html

http://www.faststream.com/shipping_jobs/

http://www.maritimeheadhunters.com/

So plenty of places to look. Luckily, once you find a job, that employer can file the I-129 for you on their own, or they can hire an attorney to process the case for you. The hiring of an attorney is probably the smart way to go. You can look for one at www.ailalawyer.com.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Riaz. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Riaz. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.