How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4740
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Chicago il. I'm married to an us citizen .... To

Customer Question

Hi , I live in Chicago il . I'm married to an us citizen .... To give a little understanding. I got married almost 2 years ago . I've been a gc holder for one year in February.
My husband recently found out about me being an escort before and threats me to get divorce and get me deported .
Tonite , he locked me out of our apartment . I had to call some business to get my door unlocked .
My question is : can he really get me deported because I used to be an escort ?
I've never got arrested before , and my criminal record is clean . I'm also a student now .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Don't worry. No, there is definitely no basis for deportation for simply being an escort. If you have never been arrested or convicted for anything then you cannot be deported based on a criminal reasons. Do not listen to these threats he is making as they are baseless.

If you do end up getting divorced, you are also still able to remain in the US with your green card as long as you can prove that your marriage was bonafide/genuine. When you submit the I-751 to remove the conditions from your residency, you would submit it as "divorced." You don't need your husband to sign it, you just need to be divorced already and provide the final divorce decree together with proof of the marriage such as joint bank accounts , joint tax returns, proof of joint lease, joint bills, pictures etc from the entire time of your marriage.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

HI again.. it has been a few days since I last answered your question. I was just checking in to see whether you had any questions or clarifications. I would like to earn your positive rating so hopefully you can issue one. Thanks!