Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I HAVE A FIANCE WHO LIVES IN THE PHILIPPINES WE WANT TO GO…

Customer Question
HI MY NAME IS...

HI MY NAME IS TIM I HAVE A FIANCE WHO LIVES IN THE PHILIPPINES WE WANT TO GO TO HONG KONG TO GET A DIVORCE FOR HER SO I CAN FILE FOR A FIANCE'S VISA HERE IN THE USA IS HONG KONG RECONIZED HERE IN THE USA. AFTER THAT IS DONE CAN YOU FILE FOR THE FIANCE VISA FOR ME (###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

SHE HAS BEEN SEPERATED BY THE COURTS IN THE PHILIPINES FOR OVER 10 YEARS SO UNTILL SHE GETS A DIVORCE I CAN NOT BRING HER HERE ON A FIANCE'S VISA WE TRIED FOR A TRAVILERS VISA WE MEET ALL THE REQUIERMENTS FOR THAT AND WHEN SHE WENT TO THE EMBASSY IN MANILA FOR HER INTER VIEW THEY DENIDE HER THE SAID BECAUSE OF HER OCUPATION THE SAID NO THEY SAID THEY THINK SHE IS COMING TO THE USA TO LOOK FOR WORK SHE IS A INTERNATIONAL R N SO THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE DIVORCE WE HAVE APPLYED FOR AN ANULMENT IN PHILIPINES PAYED A LOT OF MONEY BUT THERE IS NO GRANTEE OF THAT AND IT TAKES A LONG TIME

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/30/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If she is able to get a l divorce that is considered legal wherever it was done, then it will be considered legal in the US and it would be valid for immigration. However, whether Hong Kong will be able to divorce her will usually depend on whether she actually resides there and whatever other laws they may have related to that . You would have to consult a Hong Kong law expert for that.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

HI again.. I was just checking in to see whether you had any questions or clarifications after I answered your question. I would like to earn your positive rating so hopefully you can issue one. Thanks!