Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My name is ***** *****. Is harassment second degree in nyc a

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. Is harassment second degree in nyc a crime of violence?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i'm applying for n400 with an conviction 240.26 nypl
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What year were you convicted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this conviction can trigger removal? based on codv? (crime of violence).
Thanks!

The minimum conduct to commit harassment is not usually considered a crime of violence in most states or a crime involving moral turpitude to USCIS. If the person that complained against you was a current or former spouse or "similarly situated individual" then it could be a COV. If that is the case you would need an attorney to argue that is should not be considered a Crime of Violence still. I would still suggest that you have a local attorney look at the underlying facts of exactly what happened to make a more exact determination. That is beyond our capacity on this website.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.