Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Im planning to get married to a U.S permanent resident and…

Customer Question
Im planning to get married...
Im planning to get married to a U.S permanent resident and file i130. Is there any advantage or disdvantage if get married in U.S itself with justice of peace
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

How will you remain in status for the year and a half or more that it will take before you can file an I-485? Will you wait outside of the U.S.?

Im currently in us on h1b visa. I may have my h1b status till 2019

Ok. Good. Then I can say that there is no benefit nor detriment for you to marry with a justice of the peace AS LONG as the marriage is legal and valid in the location that it is entered into. USCIS would recognize it as long as it is legal in the location that it was entered into. Here is a link that may be useful:

http://www.usmarriagelaws.com/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!