Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** i have know this girl from DR 5 years…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** i have know this girl from DR for about 5 years and about a year ago we started to talk and i have been back there few times to visit and now i would like to marry this girl

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Whats the process it takes to bring her here

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/29/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Will you be going to DR to marry her or do you want to bring her as a fiance and marry her here?

Here in the states

OKay, then in order to bring here here you will have to apply for a K-1 Fiance visa for her. The K-1 fiance visa takes about 6 to 9 months (right now a little longer) after you apply to be approved and once approved, she will be able to enter the US. You qualify for this visa for her because you are supposed to have met once in the last 2 years and you must have proof of it and it sounds like you have this. You will submit the form I-129F (found on uscis.gov/forms) to start the process and that will cost $340 plus a $350 fee for the visa processing fee later at the US embassy when she goes. Again, It will take about 6-9 months for her to get the interview over in DR. After she gets approved hopefully, then she will enter the U.S., then you have to marry here within 90 days of her entering. Once married, then you have to prepare and send the I-485 application with $1070 in fees which is for her green card. After you submit the application, she will be called in for an interview here that you attend with your new spouse in about 5-6 months. If all goes well, then she will receive her green card a few after by mail.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

HI again.. it has been a few days since I last answered your question. I was just checking in to see whether you had any questions or clarifications. I would like to earn your positive rating so hopefully you can issue one. Thanks!