Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am waiting on my F1 reinstatement since May 2015 and still

Customer Question

I am waiting on my F1 reinstatement since May 2015 and still no answer. My lawyer told me to wait before going to school and my advisor at school told me that I have to be registered. I did register and studied since May when my case is being processing but I failed to register now bc my sponsor was in hospital early January 2016. Yesterday my school notified me that I have two weeks to leave the country?? How is it possible bc I have no status right now..still waiting on the immigration's response. Plus I intend to go back to school but I will have the money from my sponsor in the next few weeks. I don't want to give up on my studies!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, your school is correct because you are supposed to be registered for classes while your reinstatement is pending even if it has been pending for 8 months or longer. That does not excuse registering.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

HI again.. it has been a few days since I last answered your question. I was just checking in to see whether you had any questions or clarifications. I would like to earn your positive rating so hopefully you can issue one. Thanks!