Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a deportation preceding my court is on 2019 now am…

Customer Question
I have a deportation preceding...
I have a deportation preceding my court is on 2019 now am married to an American citizen my I 13 was approved my green card was denied because of the court now how can I cancel my cour or get a closer date
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/28/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

How did you originally enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa?

F1 student visa

Ok. You have to motion the immigration court to TERMINATE removal proceedings against you. This will allow you to file the I-485 with USCIS. You should provide the proof that the I-130 was approved plus also provide bonafides of your marriage to prove to the court as well that you marriage is real even though USCIS already approved the I-130. That's the best chance to get the proceedings terminated. If they do not terminate proceedings, then you have to file the I-485 with the immigration court and the immigration judge will adjudicate the I-485.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

I have applied form EOIR-42b
Will this help with evidence of my marriage and the approval of the I 130

You would have to withdraw the EOIR-42B in order to have your proceedings terminated.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

It looks like your payment did not go through. I will try sending you the offer.

You wanted to speak on the phone. What happened?

Hello Ihab. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Ihab. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Thank you where you located and would you work on my case

I'm in Miami. I could work on the case preparing the motions that you would file but unless you want to fly me out there, I wouldn't be able to appear for you in court. Does this interest you?

Send your phone number or I send you mine and we can agree on something

You have to accept that offer so that I can send you my contact information. Thank you.

Ihab, did you get the offer for additional service? I cannot believe that for such a low sum you aren't willing to accept it. This is cheaper than a lunch at McDonald's. Why aren't you accepting it?