Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question regarding the N-400 form.
, There is…

Customer Question
I have a question...

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

There is a question about "bearing arms". My answer is "No" for religious reason. What should I answer to "are you willing to take the full Oath"? I guess the answer is "No", because they would have to give me a modified oath, is that correct?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/27/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, that is correct to both. You will need to provide evidence that you have been a member of a religion (probably for longer than a few months) and that this religion has an issue with bearing arms. Here is the official link:

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartJ-Chapter3.html

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.