How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5072
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filled petition partner. I recently became self

Customer Question

My name is***** have filled petition for my partner. I recently became self employed, I make enough money but don't receive pay stubs. I work with my mom and she pays me cash. She has an established business. USCIS has asked me, after explaining this situation, to submit paystubs and/or assets
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started working for my mom in February 2015. I get paid in cash twice a month the same amount. I filed petition in October. In December I received the request for paystubs and/or assets.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What is your specific question about this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't get paystubs from my mom, but I get I could make them with the company name, she incorporated into an LLC last December 2015 and she added me as a Member. Question is, do I make my own paystubs even though taxes are not being withheld yet and include approximate amounts to be withheld? Or what is the best way to verify my income in my situation.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Usually you would submit the most recent Income tax return. If you have no pay stubs, then I assume you are filing as self employed in which case USCIS can see your self employment schedule attached together with the business license.

Paystubs are not as important for the I_864 as are taxes, W-2, 1099 and employment letter if you have an employer or a self employment schedule with business license if you are self employed. You have to figure out if you are considered self employed or not.

If it becomes too confusing for you, you can state zero (or whatever amount you can evidence with documents) as your income on your I-864 and get a joint sponsor who does earn enough and has the required paperwork to prove it fill out an I-864 as the joint sponsor.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are approaching the deadline to submit the documents and we havent filed Taxes for the LLC yet. Can I submit copies of the LLC Articles of Organization, IRS EIN letter and company's bank statements in the mean time?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

For the I-864 they will need to see your personal taxes with the self employment schedule if you are self employed or your personal taxes with W-2/1099. The Articles of ORganization, IRS EIN and company's bank statement do not show YOUR annual income so it would not be helpful.

Again, if it is too difficult to show, you can always get a joint sponsor. Sometimes this is easier.

Hope this clarifies for you and hopefully I have now earned your positive rating. Thanks and good luck.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

HI again.. it has been a few days since I last answered your question. I was just checking in to see whether you had any questions or clarifications. I would like to earn your positive rating so hopefully you can issue one. Thanks!