Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have a friend who is a US citizen in Texas. He recently

Customer Question

I have a friend who is a US citizen in Texas. He recently married his husband. His husband had lost all his personal documentation.He originally came to the USA to marry a girl who decided not to. He has been living in the USA with a driver's license and social security card ever since. He used to cross the border frequently with his Guatemalan passport. He lost his passport and documentation. He only has his social security card and driver's license.Recently, he tried to renew his driver's license. He was told that he needed a passport or proof of residency. He is afraid to go back for fear of exportation. He does not know his current status. But he is recently married to a US citizen, his gay husband.What do you advise?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

He is out of status and in the US unlawfully.

He needs to go online and see if there is an arrival/departure record for him for his most recent entry.

Get back to me with the findings on that record

Here is the link

http://Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the link is not working.