Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am currently on F1 Visa(Post Completion OPT) which expires…

Customer Question
Hello, My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** I am currently on F1 Visa(Post Completion OPT) which expires on July 5th 2016. I have a Masters in Finance for which I am using the 12 Months OPT period. My question to you is if I enroll myself for a 2nd Masters which will be in STEM field, will I be able to get the STEM extension of 17 months after completing the 2nd Masters?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/26/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are only allowed one OPT period for each level of education, but may be able to get a 17 month OPT extension through STEM. Check with your DSO to verify.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Sukruth. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!