How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my US visa student visa which got cancelled in

Customer Question

Customer: i have my US visa student visa which got cancelled in immigration with a withdrawal form. may I know what does it mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he suspected me that i might be working as parttime and at my first visa interview i did not mention about my sister who is working here already he thought i was lying and hided details and told me to go back and apply for new visa they have writen cancelled with pen on my visa and wrriten in brackets as revoked and attached a withdrawal form with passport
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

When you say, "he", you mean the immigration officer? Did you used to have F-1 student status in the U.S. and you left to get new visa stamping or this is your first visa to come to the U.S.?