How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28817
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judith. Thank you detailed answers. They are very helpful.

Customer Question

Hello again Judith. Thank you for your detailed answers. They are very helpful. So far you and I have discussed the possibility of my Romanian fiancee and I marrying in the States using the I-129f route (6-10 months), or marrying in Romania and going the I-130 route (6-10 months). I need to be back in the US soon because I am running out of money and can not live here in Romania much longer.Can we talk about what it would like if she moved to the States for work? She presently works for a large multinational medical research company with job openings in the US. If she were able to move for work, what steps would we take to get married legally? Would marriage violate her work visa? No, right? FYI, I currently have residence in Arizona but we could relocate to many other states. I don't know if that is relevant to her immigration process and our marriage.Respectfully ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Is the large multinational medical research company willing to offer her a managerial or specialized knowledge position where she uses her proprietary knowledge in the performance of her job duties?

If so she could come in as a multinational worker transferee on the L1A (manager) or the L1B (specialized knowledge)?

That would be a GREAT and immediate solution.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Judith,
I can't say for certain but that is a good idea. What is the time frame if she is not able to get the L1A or L1B?Roland
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

"What is the time frame if she is not able to get the L1A or L1B?"

Sorry, time frame for what? I gave you the time frames above for I-129F and I-130.

Related Immigration Law Questions