Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I appeal an asylum denial (at a transitional center)

Customer Question
after the 30 days have...
Can I appeal an asylum denial (at a transitional center) after the 30 days have elapsed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is there an exceptional circumstance as to why they were not able to file within the 30 day appeal window? Is there any new evidence that was not available during the original Asylum process?