How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108976
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mam, I am an Indian, was on F1- visa pursuing my Masters in

Customer Question

Hello Sir/Mam,
I am an Indian, was on F1- visa pursuing my Masters in Kansas city university,Missouri. After 1 year i came to India on Christmas vacation.but, unfortunately when i am returning back to USA to finish my last semester on day before yesterday my visa has been cancelled and I have been deported by customs and home land security officer because i did a wrong thing that i worked in a gas station for 3 months so as to get my rental expenses when my parents are in huge money loss all of a sudden .I am from a middle class family. Until now my parents invested whole lot of money on me to pursue masters.I have to look after them at this stage. Now i am regretting and i just want to complete my last semester to get my masters degree. Please advice .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Believe it or not, this is more common than you think. I hear all the time about helping out a cousin or aunt or uncle at a gas station. Since it is common, and they hear it all the time, it isn't something that you can use as an excuse. So unfortunately, in order to get a new F-1 student visa, you will need a waiver to "forgive" the action that you took.

So you would apply for the F-1 student visa as normal and you will need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):,D,3&url=/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030503.html#M305_3_3_A

You can find more information here:,0930-labrie.shtm

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions