How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4882
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to a man that I filed GC and we divorced after

Customer Question

I was married to a man that I filed for a GC and we divorced after his 10 year card was issued as we filed at the Consulate .Now I am married again and want to file for my new husband,we have been married for 2 years and together for 4. We are presently working overseas. Suggestions??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Can you kindly be more specific as to what aspects of the process you would like suggestions about? I'd be happy to help once I know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the chances of my present husband having difficulties in getting approved as my ex and present husband are from the same country and now I am not sure how to file as we are both present huband and myself are overseas working...and before I did direct filing through the consulate..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure of what is involved as things have changed
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What country are you living in? Will you two be immigrating to the US together once he is approved?

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there- It's been a few days since we last spoke. I am just checking whether you received the last questions I asked. Once you reply, I can you your answer. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am needing in dept information. We have been marries for two years and are presently working in Sudan. Thank you
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

AS long as you and your husband can substantiate your relationship so that the USCIS and consular officer believes that it is a genuine, bonafide relationship, then your husband has a good chance of approval. This is the same even if you have previously applied for your prior spouse.

Unfortunately you can only do direct filing now if USCIS has an office in the US embassy/consulate in your country of residence. The other option now is having to send the application to a USCIS office in the US. TO begin the process you would submit the I-130 petition found here . You will send proof of your marriage together with that form and the fee is $420. Once that petition is hopefully approved, then you will move on with the National Visa Center which will ask for additional documents that you must mail in. Once that is complete then your husband will be referred to the nearest US embassy/consulate for an immigrant visa interview. The only thing to keep in mind is that you must also be moving to the US with your husband at the same time in order for him to be approved.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Related Immigration Law Questions