Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a unique issue. I filed n400 based on the date on my

Customer Question

Hi. I have a unique issue. I filed n400 based on the date on my greencard. I got a denial stating I was a year early applying. I sent I n copy of my greencard to show them them they were incorrect. I got a verbal response saying ucis had issued my card with an eerror in the is due date was wrong. I think I should get a refund, I would never have known that I had the wrong greencard issue date . I made my application based on the greencard if that is wrong due to a ucis error why should I have to pay for a new application
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

But how will you argue that you didn't remember when you got your first approval? I agree with you, but how will you state that you didn't know when you got approved originally?

I said I agreed with you. I just wanted to know how you would argue that you didn't know when you were originally granted Residency. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to get a refund. I believe you should. Here is a link with information on that:

https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/is-the-filing-fee-refundable

There is a number that you can call there in order to get the ball rolling on this. You can also make an appointment to speak to someone in person to try to initiate a refund request like that. You would probably have more luck with an in-person appointment, but call first. If calling fails, go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and see what they can do for you in-person.

Hello Nancy. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect, Nancy. Good luck to you.