Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Am i allowed to work in US if hungarian) citizen? If i'm…

Customer Question
Am i allowed to work...
Am i allowed to work in US if i am EU(hungarian) citizen? If i'm not, how complicated is the process to get the permision?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

This is very difficult. You need the proper visa or work permit. What level of education do you have? Do you have an offer of employment? Do you have money to invest? How much?

Thanks for the fast reply. I have master degree. Unfortunately i dont have a money to invest but currently looking for an employment offer in us

It seems that you are eligible for an H-1B visa. You need to get a job offer. The job offer must be for a company that is offering a position that is related to your degree and experience. The position must normally require a bachelor's degree or higher. The company must have a need for someone in that position and must have the resources to be able to pay you what is normally paid to someone in that position. Also, because they are used up for this year, you will need to apply on April 1, 2016 to start working on October 1, 2016 or later. The exception is if you apply for a cap-exempt job and those are at an institution of higher education or its affiliated or related nonprofit entities or a nonprofit research organization, or a government research organization. Those are not subject to this numerical cap.

Here is an official link to the H-1B:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-dod-cooperative-research-and-development-project-workers-and-fashion-models

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Vitaliy. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Vitaliy. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.