Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My fiance is from Mexico and I am a US citizen. We are

Customer Question
***** *****. My fiance...

***** *****. My fiance is from Mexico and I am a US citizen. We are wanting to get married in June and have applied for a fiance visa, but we have not heard anything about the visa. We would like to get married in the USA and then leave for Mexico within a few days to have a small reception in Mexico with my fiance's family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What details do you need?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/22/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, that would not be possible. If they left like that, they would have to start a whole new K-3 process and that would take another 9 months or so. They would have to wait until an Advance Parole is approved and that can take 3 to 5 months after filing the I-131 with the I-485. If you began the K-1 process in June, you should get the approval by next month or March. It normally takes around 9 months or so.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Koby. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!