Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My wife will applying, my job will be ended soon I need to

Customer Question

My wife will applying for Asylum, my job will be ended soon I need to leave country for some time until get another job, when I come back on another job any impact on my H1B visa?
Assume I need to come to USA by applying B2 Visa to visit my family, is it possible to get B2 Visa known that my wife applied for Asylum?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You plan to come back through a new H-1B employer? And if not, you will do a B-2 tourist visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to come back on another employer using H1B transferee if I couldn't get job. I will try to get B2. is it possible? some body mention if one of your wife applied for Asylum most probably you will not get B2 Visa. please advise

Well, with the H-1B, you should not have an issue because that is a dual intent visa. But with the B-2, you can have an issue because since you will be named on your spouse's Asylum application, they could take that as evidence of immigrant intent and they could deny you entry on the B-2 visa. So if you have to travel, your best bet is to use an H-1B to get back, not a B-2.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I included on my wife Asylum application and I travel outside the USA, would I come back to USA using my H1B Visa ( I mean if I did H1B transferee for another employer). so the Asylum status didn't impact my H1B Visa, is it correct?

The Asylum should not impact the H-1B. Correct.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.