Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a similar question, i am a g4 visa holder. Can I open

Customer Question

i have a similar question, i am a g4 visa holder. Can I open a business and if yes under which form. Could I pay myself out of the business consultancy fees ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What would be your involvement with the company that you open?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Unfortunately, with the G-4, you are only allowed to perform work for the international organization that you belong to. You cannot work or consult for your own business or any other business. You can be a passive investor and receive dividends from an investment, but you cannot "pay" or compensate yourself for any involvement of yours in the company. I am truly sorry. I just want to keep you from getting into trouble.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Maria. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!