How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28944
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a L1B Visa and I am in india currently. My Employer

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My Name Is***** have a L1B Visa and I am in india currently. My Employer does not have a job opening currently in US. My Husband works in US for an employer on H1B. Should I get a B2 or an H4B to visit him in US for a couple of months ? I dont want to loose my L1B in the process. Please advice
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi, Have provided the details above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kanika thank you for the request and I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You should get an H4 to get back to the US to visit your husband. Your L1B will not be cancelled.

With either visa, B2 or H4 you will have to depart the US to enter back on the L1B to begin the new project but you risk denial of the B2 because your husband is there and they may try to say you have an immigrant intent and will not return to India.

Go for the H4, that is safest and has the least risk of denial

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.