Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My name is autumn I live in florida usa-my parents and 3…

Customer Question
HI my name is *****...
HI my name is ***** ***** live in florida usa-my parents and 3 siblings live in Pakistan. Their lives are in danger with many muslim attacks-my family is Christians..they are in serious danger and I want them to come live with me in florida in usa-also I am seriously sick terminally and have also more desperate need for them to move here quickly-I need my mommys care badly-I am a single woman alone with no family here. please tell me how and best way to get my family living with me in usa florida. Their lives are daily in danger I need emergency move /visa for them...please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is your legal status in the US?

Judith

I am a florida usa citizen I was born here- I was adopted by my Pakistan parents they all live in Pakistan she is a Christian pastor-and more serious danger to her life...they were/are all born and from pakistan
I need to know the fastest way to get them all to live with me permanently in usa florida
i need to get them here to be safe also i am sick i cannot travel to them-i cant get medical clearance due to heart conditions/seizures/blood clots/and other medical issues...i also have desperate need for my care and pets..i am alone and seriously ill permanently
my Pakistan mommy tells me to contact usa embassy..i am not sure where it is or who to contact and what to even say...or what to really do-i don know where to begin...because i need them badly here 1st because they in serious danger from muslims being attacked always and also my illnesses...do i write the embassy or email or call..what is best way process for this-how
i don't know where to begin i meant

How old were you when you were adopted by your parents in Pakistan?

Where did they adopt you?

This may complicate matters.

And there is no "fast" way to get them here. It will take at least 7-10 months for your parents to immigrate and 11 years for your siblings if you sponsor them, 6-8 years if your parents sponsor them once they have immigrated to the US. They have to leave the children behind.

Judith

please tell me what i have to do on my end and tell me what she should do on her end...i am so scared for her life and my family...nothing worse then being a million miles away and i cant get to them...adoption was completed i have original document nov 11,2015-i am an adult 37yrs-was done in pakistan

Your parents adopted you when you were 37 years old?

Judith

i just turned 37 dec 20-we did an adult adoption

Although Pakistan may recognize an adult adoption, the US immigration laws do not. In order for you to be able to be considered a child for purposes of petitioning your parents your adoption had to take place before your 18th birthday.

Your parents will need to register as refugees with the HRC of Pakistan and apply for asylum http://hrcp-web.org/hrcpweb/contact-us/

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

My colleague is correct. The U.S. does not recognize adult adoptions to pass on an immigration benefit. So you cannot petition for them because they adopted you too late in life. That does not mean that there are no options for them.

Let me ask you a few questions:

What level of education do they have?

Do they have money to invest? How much?

Just because they are Christian, are they being persecuted? How? Keep in mind that discrimination is not the same as persecution?

And the health issues that you are having, what are they? And why do you need your "parents" here?

My family is being attacked always by muslims..they attack all christians especially pastors..my mom is a pastor

You only responded to one of my questions. Please respond to all of them. Thank you.

I have seizures and blood clots..my nervous system shutting down lack of oxygen to my brain. I have a life machine for asthma and heart issues..
I need care and i have 7 pets..i am alone with no family .
Pakastan dad completed high school my Pakistan mommy high school and college

Well, they have two options:

1) A Humanitarian Parole to allow them to come and visit you for a temporary time because of your condition. Here is a link to that:

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/humanitarian-parole

2) Since they are outside of the U.S., they need to approach the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate or similar location and request Refugee status because of the persecution that they are suffering. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees

If they do not have high education and a job offer and if they do not have a large amount of money to invest, then they do not have many options available. I am truly sorry. They should try for the Humanitarian Parole or the Refugee status.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

My parente no money but i do what would i have to invest
Invest in what

You need to focus on what is realistic. If what you told me about the danger that they face in their country was true, you would not be looking for a different solution through investment. They should have over $100,000 to invest, probably closer to $200,000. Do they have that kind of money?

They both plan to work here and get jobs but that would be when they get here
No they dont have that kind of money

No. That does not work. They cannot come here to take away jobs from U.S. workers. So focus on the options that I have given you, please. How much money do they have to invest and where?

They dont i do...i just didnt know why u asked about if they had money to invest...i didnt know if there was something particular..

You can give them that money as a gift for them to invest. If you can gift to them $200,000 and they can invest in a certain type of business, then maybe they can get an E-1 or E-2 visa. Here are links to those:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/e-1-treaty-traders

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/e-2-treaty-investors

If they are going to try that, they should hire an attorney with experience to process that type of case. They can look for one at www.ailalawyer.com.

If not, then they should focus on the Refugee process.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!

Hello Autumn. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!