Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question regarding the application to a citizenship…

Customer Question
I have a question regarding...
I have a question regarding the application to a citizenship through the Spouse of US Citizenship (Part G) and Chapter 4 Spouses of US Citizenship Employed Abroad.
The spouse of a US Citizenship is exempt from continuous residence and physical presence requirements for naturalization.
In the last 3 years, 17 months I was abroad working for a US company and have been in the USA for the last 19 months. The policy talks about this exemption when the US citizen was abroad and the spouse was with the LPR, however, in my case, the LPR was on the assignment abroad and the spouse is the US citizen. Do I qualify for applying to a naturalization today?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
I am the one with a green card and with the assignment abroad and my wife is the US citizen
1/20/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Were you employed by a US Government agency while working abroad?