How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding the application to a citizenship

Customer Question

I have a question regarding the application to a citizenship through the Spouse of US Citizenship (Part G) and Chapter 4 Spouses of US Citizenship Employed Abroad.
The spouse of a US Citizenship is exempt from continuous residence and physical presence requirements for naturalization.
In the last 3 years, 17 months I was abroad working for a US company and have been in the USA for the last 19 months. The policy talks about this exemption when the US citizen was abroad and the spouse was with the LPR, however, in my case, the LPR was on the assignment abroad and the spouse is the US citizen. Do I qualify for applying to a naturalization today?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the one with a green card and with the assignment abroad and my wife is the US citizen
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Were you employed by a US Government agency while working abroad?