How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4722
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our construction company would like to re a someone from

Customer Question

Our construction company would like to hire a someone from Germany who currently owns a business in childcare but has ample experience in office administration. We would like to hire her because we have several new clients from Germany that we will be building custom homes for in Hawaii. This person would be perfect to manage the accounts and be our representative for these projects. This person speaks german, english and enough Spanish to communicate with our spanish speaking crew. How can we sponsor her for a Green Card and what is the timeline for doing so?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Does she have a bachelor's degree?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does this make a difference?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It may. You would have to prove that the position that you need her for also requires a bachelor's degree and that you can pay the wage that other people in similar positions in the US are earning. To begin to sponsor her, you would have to do what is called a labor certification with the Department of Labor (not immigration) to prove that there is no one in the US that can fill the position that you have open for her. It has multiple steps but you would first do the prevailing wage I just mentioned above and then you need to place ads, review resumes, hold interviews, etc. and explain why none of those candidates are good fits. It's a very specific and complicated process and I suggest that you retain a local immigration attorney to assist you with the process. Once you complete all those steps, which takes about 6 months, then you would on to the immigration petition and green card which can be done in about 5-6 months plus whatever wait time there are for available visas if the case is approved. Right now there is a 3 months wait time which can vary. So at the least it's about 1 year total to get the employee here, assuming everything is approved along the way.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again- It has been a few days so I am just checking if you were able to read my answer and whether you had any questions or clarifications I can help with.

Please let me know as I would like to earn your positive rating, which has not been issued yet. Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions