How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judith, I am a US Citizen, but was born abroad. I have

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Judith, This is Imogen. I am a US Citizen, but was born abroad. I have lost/misplaced my Naturalization papers somehow. My father, a Germany physicist, brought his family to America back in 1954 with the Van Braun group of scientists. Remember Germany had lost the war (WW II), and their hope was to continue scientific research in Physics and Lighting as well as provide for their families. I live in Colorado Springs now and need to know which government office would let me apply for a new Naturalization papers/ US Citizen Papers. Thank you kindly for your help. ImogenDanke (- Thanks)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. The LEAP office in Colorado Springs, need this verification/documentation - an unexpired copy - by Monday, January 23, 2016 in order to process my request for assistance in paying my previous two Utility bills. Otherwise the heat will be shut off by Jan. 27th. Letter sent from El Paso County Dept Human Services, PO Box 39200, Colorado Springs, CO 80949.(###) ###-#### ***** do I do if this kind of request takes longer to get then just 7 days?Imogen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Of course. Thanks. Imogen
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Dear Imogen,

I only wish I could make magic happen for you but it will take at minimum 6 months to get your naturalization certificate replaced.

You have to file an application for replacement of your naturalization certificate with the USCIS using this form N-565 at this link

Since it appears you are in financial difficulties you can request a waiver of filing fee on this form I-912 at this link

I strongly recommend you contact Catholic Charities in Colorado Springs and go in to seek assistance from them. They provide help with these sorts of issues

Catholic Charities

of Central Colorado

Colorado Springs Office

228 North Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Telephone:(719)(###) ###-####/p>

Fax:(719)(###) ###-####/p>

Castle Rock Office

(inside St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church)
Castle Rock, CO 80104

Telephone:(720)(###) ###-####/p>

Fax:(303)(###) ###-####/p>