How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3958
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****
, I am a permanent US resident,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a permanent US resident, working on my US citizenship. I bought a lot in the Philippines and has just finished paying it. According to Sta. Lucia, they also need my estranged wife's documents. We have been separated since 2007.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As follow-up, will I be able to own that land without her name on the title because I am planning to file a divorce when I get my US citizenship.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. Did you purchase the real propery in the Philippines prior to your marriage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Sorry for the late response. No, I purchased that property while I was still married. My petition for marriage annulment was not approved by the court but as soon as I get my US citizenship, I am planning to divorce her.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am having computer issues so I am going to opt out so you can receive a response more quickly. Please do not respond to me as this will slow down the time for a different attorney to answer. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure I understand how this is an immigration question. Can you please clarify your immigration question?

Related Immigration Law Questions