Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a USA citizen and my 21 year old nephew, 6' tall would…

Customer Question
I am a USA citizen...
I am a USA citizen and my 21 year old nephew, 6' tall would just love to join the usa army. He is not a usa citizen and has no green card, can I sponsor him to join the navy?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 2 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, no. I person must be at least a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident to join. However, there is one exception. If he enters an F-1 student program, he could do the MAVNI program and join the U.S. Military. Here is a link to finding a school that is authorized for F-1:

http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/

And here is information about MAVNI:

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/what-is-mavni-information-for-designated-school-officials

So basically, help him pay for college and he may have a shot.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Kwamboka. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

I gave you good information and an excellent option for your nephew. I am not sure why you do not want to respond. He has an excellent option with MAVNI. Is the problem that he does not want to study and just wants to go directly into the U.S. Military? Please have the courtesy to respond. Thank you.