Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am staying on H4 Visa in USA. One of the small startup…

Customer Question
Hello. I am staying on...
Hello. I am staying on H4 Visa in USA. One of the small startup (based in my home-country) is offering me a work-from-home job. they will pay me in my country currency and deposit in the bank account in my country. Is it legal? i dont want to break any laws in usa> please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Will any of the work have any US customers. Will you have any contact with US companies?

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.

The company is a placement/recruitment firm that recruits the candidates in US companies. I will be not in direct touch with those US companies. Just offline help to the recruitment process like filling the forms, generating reports.. etc/
interviewing the candidates. But my work will have no contact with US companies.

No you cannot do this. You cannot do any job even in the cloud which company has contact with any US company. That would be unlawful employment and violation of your H4 status.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

thanks Judith,
also is there a limit like <100$ per month is OK?

The work is unlawful employment whether you make $2.00 a month or $1000 a month.

It is even unlawful if you volunteer.

Judith

is there a limit like if one earns <100$ per month its not unlawful?

I answered that.

Judith